If you are like most brides, your wedding dress is one of the most important elements of the Big Day. You want your gown not only to look perfect, but more specifically, you want it to look perfect on you. You want your wedding dress to make you shine – and in order for that to happen, you absolutely have to know how to choose the right accessories.
How do you do that? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Metals should always match. It is considered to be quite tacky to mxi two (or more!) metals together. In some cultures, this is even considered to bring bad luck – but beyond that, mixing two metals (e.g. white gold and yellow gold) will simply look like “too much”, especially on a bride who wants to feel timelessly elegant on her own wedding day.
- The metal should also match the shade of the dress. Wearing a warm-toned white dress? Yellow gold is your best bet, then. Wearing something neutral? You can probably pull off any kind of precious metal. Wearing something cool? Stick to platinum, white gold, silver, and other similar metals.
- Pay attention to the neckline. Your wedding dress neckline dictates not only what type of necklace you can wear, but also what other accessories you can wear (or whether they are necessary). A classic sweetheart neckline will look fantastic with a dainty necklace, but a round neckline or a V-neck can work really well with a statement necklace. Likewise, if you’re wearing a halter top dress, you might want to stick to just a pair of earrings and a pair of bangles on your arm.
- Think of your dress’ intricacy. Is your wedding dress really heavy in terms of details? You might want to choose simple jewelry and accessories, then. Same, if your dress is very simple, adding a statement piece will make you look more stylish and daring.
- It’s not just the jewelry. Everything should go together: the dress, the veil, the jewelry, the hair accessories, the belt/sash, the purse, the shoes, and so on. Pay a lot of attention to the way you choose your accessories and you will create the most beautiful attire of your life!
Looking for someone who will make sure your dress fits you perfectly? Contact Las Vegas Wedding Gown Specialists right now and hire us for our impeccable wedding dress alteration services. You won’t regret it!